Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: If depression can be induced with pro-inflammatory drugs, might an anti-inflammatory diet be effective in preventing and treating mood disorders?
Whoa, I packed a lot into that one!
If you’re as much of a sucker for evolutionary biology theory as I am, check out:
High Blood Pressure May Be a Choice (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/high-blood-pressure-may-be-a-choice/)
The Problem With the Paleo Diet Argument (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-problem-with-the-paleo-diet-argument/)
Why Do We Age? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-we-age/)
More on endotoxins in:
• The Leaky Gut Theory of Why Animal Products Cause Inflammation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-leaky-gut-theory-of-why-animal-products-cause-inflammation/)
• The Exogenous Endotoxin Theory (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-exogenous-endotoxin-theory/)
• Dead Meat Bacteria Endotoxemia (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dead-meat-bacteria-endotoxemia/)
I got gazillions of videos on inflammation. Here are a few:
• Which Spices Fight Inflammation? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation/)
• How Tumors Use Meat to Grow: Xeno-Autoantibodies (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-tumors-use-meat-to-grow-xeno-autoantibodies/)
• Potassium and Autoimmune Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/potassium-and-autoimmune-disease/)
• Anti-Inflammatory Antioxidants (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-antioxidants/)
• Modern Meat Not Ahead of the Game (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/modern-meat-not-ahead-of-the-game/)
That study that showed that dramatic decrease in inflammation within weeks on a plant-based diet was the one I featured in Biblical Daniel Fast Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/biblical-daniel-fast-put-to-the-test/).
And finally for more on the effect diet can have on mental health:
• Fighting the Blues with Greens? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fighting-the-blues-with-greens-mao-inhibitors-in-plants/)
• Aspartame and the Brain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/aspartame-and-the-brain/)
• Improving Mood Through Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/improving-mood-through-diet/)
• Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/exercise-vs-drugs-for-depression)
• Do Antidepressant Drugs Really Work? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-antidepressant-drugs-really-work/)
• Antioxidants and Depression (http://nutrititionfacts.org/video/Antioxidants-and-Depression)
• Can Dehydration Affect Our Mood? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-dehydration-affect-our-mood)
• Plant-Based Diets for Improved Mood and Productivity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-for-improved-mood-and-productivity)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-diet-for-depression and he'll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate